Oslo, the capital city of Norway, is home to a wide range of events and activities throughout the year. In 2023, there are several exciting events taking place in Oslo that locals and tourists alike can look forward to. Here is a brief guide to some of the top events happening in Oslo in 2023.
Oslo hosts several music festivals throughout the year, showcasing local and international talent across a variety of genres. Here are some of the top music festivals taking place in Oslo in 2023:
- Øyafestivalen: This annual music festival takes place in August and features a lineup of indie and alternative music acts.
- Oslo Jazz Festival: This international jazz festival takes place in August and features a lineup of jazz musicians from around the world.
- Oslo World Music Festival: This annual music festival takes place in October and features a lineup of world music acts from around the globe.
- By:larm: This annual music festival takes place in February and showcases up-and-coming Norwegian music talent.
Arts and Culture Events
Oslo is home to several arts and culture events throughout the year, including art exhibitions, theater performances, and film festivals. Here are some of the top arts and culture events taking place in Oslo in 2023:
- Oslo Architecture Triennale: This international architecture festival takes place every three years and features a range of events, including exhibitions, talks, and workshops.
- Oslo International Theatre Festival: This annual theatre festival takes place in March and features a range of theatre performances from around the world.
- Oslo International Film Festival: This annual film festival takes place in November and showcases a variety of international films across multiple venues in the city.
Oslo hosts several sports events throughout the year, including winter sports, cycling, and running events. Here are some of the top sports events taking place in Oslo in 2023:
- Holmenkollen Ski Festival: This annual ski festival takes place in March and features a range of ski competitions, including ski jumping and cross-country skiing.
- Oslo Marathon: This annual marathon takes place in September and attracts runners from around the world.
- Tour of Norway: This annual cycling race takes place in May and features a range of international cycling teams.
In addition to music festivals, arts and culture events, and sports events, Oslo hosts several other events throughout the year, including food festivals and holiday celebrations. Here are some of the top events taking place in Oslo in 2023:
- Oslo Vegetarfestival: This annual food festival takes place in October and features a range of vegetarian and vegan food options from local vendors.
- Norwegian Constitution Day: This national holiday takes place on May 17th and is celebrated with parades, traditional dress, and street parties throughout the city.
- Oslo Pride: This annual LGBTQ+ festival takes place in June and features a range of events, including a parade and concerts.
Oslo is a city full of life and activity, with a range of events and activities taking place throughout the year. In 2023, locals and tourists can look forward to a range of events, including music festivals, arts and culture events, sports events, and more. Whether you are a music lover, sports enthusiast, or culture aficionado, there is sure to be an event in Oslo that will pique your interest.
Want to learn more about
Working and living with Norwegians?
Get the books!
Living with Norwegians is the guide for moving to and surviving Norway.